Sunday, February 26, 2012

PUMPed up Kicks

So ladies, let’s take a minute and get real about heels…We all know the positives about them: they can give us an extra boost of confidence, and obviously they make our legs look great, but unless you have a designated place to sit for hours at a time, I believe the overwhelming majority of us would opt to say they do more hurt than good.   Basically, I think we can all agree that heels stink.  During my time in college, I’ve had the same pair of uncomfortable black pumps, and frankly, I cannot wait to get rid of them.  I have had to endure countless recruitments, chapters, interviews, and formals in these terrible shoes, I mean really, you name it and I’ve done it.  If someone gave me the option to not wear heels for the rest of my life, I think that I would be the happiest girl on earth.  But the bottom line is as women in the workforce we’re going to have to wear them.  Whether it’s with a suit, a skirt, or just wearing them to a company dinner, heels are a requirement, so why not try to find the most comfortable pair you can, even it means spending the extra dollar or two.  Looking back on it now, I have absolutely no idea why I decided to wait this long to invest in a good pair of basic heels.  Even though they can be painful at times, I do have to say, you can wear them with anything at anytime.  So after looking up what color most women feel are the best to start out their heel collection, almost all agree that black and nude are the two most optimal colors.  Given this, for this week’s steal, spend, and splurge, I have chosen pumps that come in both options!   So check out my picks for this week, and take your next step to building a fabulous closet :)    



For a pair of good pumps, Nine West is always a great option.  I love the added bow detail at the toe that takes a basic pair of heels from functional to fun!


If you're looking to take a little step up from Nine West, try these Pressley Patent Pumps from Michael Kors.  I have seen these in stores, and they are just as beautiful in person as they are on the website.  I would definitely buy these in a heartbeat!



For my splurge, I chose these Leah Mid- Heel Pumps from Tory Burch.  I love the timeless look of the round toe, and the mid sized heel is perfect for those busy days on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment