Monday, April 9, 2012

Button up Buttercup!

What can I say, I love oxfords.  They are so functional and paired with the right accessories they don’t have to be just a “plain Jane” button down.  I’m not lying when I say I wish I had more.  I love pairing them with a cardigan, or simply just tucked into a pair of my J. Crew chino shorts with a skinny belt.  But besides fashion, they are a definite go to in the office, especially when we’re talking about just a classic white oxford.   Don’t get me wrong, I love my Vineyard Vines colorful button downs, but I have probably worn my white one with every outfit combination imaginable, and I know it will always be a classic underneath a suit.  To me, a crisp, white button down will never go out of style, and will look professional to any interviewer.  It’s definitely my go to if I don’t know the company culture all too well and don’t know what kinds of outfits are appropriate.  I love pairing mine with pearls for a classic look, or with a metallic necklace for a funkier vibe.  So, if you are entering into the real world next year, a white button down is something I definitely suggest having in your closet (even if it’s just a back up)! 

Check out my steal, spend, and splurge choices below!


Target Long Sleeve Fashion Shirt ($21.00)
Old Navy Poplin Stretch Dress Shirt ($24.00)
J. Crew Three- Quarter Perfect Shirt ($65.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment