Monday, April 16, 2012

Crazy for Cardigans!

I’ll just say what we’re all thinking… why the heck are offices always freezing cold??  This summer I worked in an office that was nearing temperatures close to those of the Antarctic, and I felt like a penguin could pop out from under my desk at any moment.  Being from the south, I naturally am overdramatic about cold temperatures, I mean I consider anything under 60 degrees to be bordering on freezing status, but my office was no joke, and I wasn’t just being crazy.  But since the mornings in Atlanta outside were still nearing the 70s, there was no way I could pull out my fleece and still look like a sane person walking into work.   So the next best solution I found was, of course, a cardigan!  I love cardigans, and they are good to wear almost year round (except for when those temperatures do actually drop close to freezing, a rarity in the south, but it happens).  I found that it kept me warm during the day, and the sleeves weren’t bulky or overpowering, so I could get all my work done and move around easily.   I had to wear business casual to work pretty much every day (so nice pants and a top), and I am not lying when I say that I essentially wore a cardigan over every single one of my outfits, for the near 100 days that I worked there.  Granted, I have been a fan of cardigans for as long as I can remember, so I own a superfluous amount in different colors and patterns, but I pretty much stuck with the basic black unless it was casual Friday.  It matched everything, and while it was comfortable, it was definitely still dressy enough to wear into the office and to go to meetings around town.  So if you’re like me and definitely NOT a fan of the cold, I would suggest time and time again adding a cardigan to your wardrobe.  This week I don’t really have an opinion on the color, because it mostly depends on what your closet looks like, but I definitely suggest buying a black and a white one if you’re on the fence about it!  Check out my steal, spend, and splurge choices for my favorite item, the cardigan!  


No comments:

Post a Comment