Monday, April 2, 2012

Flat out Fabulous

So if you’re like me, you’re probably someone who would rather wear a pair of worn in flip flops to work, rather than that fabulous pair of heels everyone will be talking about, just for the sake of comfort.   Of course, in the real world, this is not an option, so where are we to turn to?  The answer is flats!  Flats offer the same comfort that your beloved pair of sandals do, but are acceptable to wear to mostly all jobs, especially on casual Fridays!  Granted, there may be some jobs with the unfortunate requirement of having to wear heels to work every day, but for us lucky ones where flats are acceptable, there are still some rules to be followed with it comes to wearing them:
1.       They need to be structured.   I mean come on people, we aren’t rolling out of bed, putting on our slippers, and driving to work.   However, even though they have some form, flats are still my number one shoes for more dressed up events.
2.       They need to be functional.   While I’m dying to get my hands on a pair of cap toed ballet flats, you need to buy basic before moving onto trendy.  Black, nude, and metallics match with everything, so choose one of these colors for your first flat purchase!
I mostly love flats because they can be as fashionable as they are functional.  I will definitely be wearing them almost every day to my job come June, and I couldn’t be more ecstatic.  If you’re in the same boat as me, check out my steal, spend, and splurge choices, and you’ll be on your way to working (and walking comfortably) all day!   


Target Sandee Bow Flats ($19.99)
Banana Republic Ashley Bow Ballet Flat ($98.00)
J. Crew Viv Patent Flats ($198.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment