Monday, April 16, 2012

Get Carried Away

As the school year is drawing to a close and the start of my first grown up job is inevitable, I started to think of the one thing I don’t have to complete my wardrobe, the perfect purse!  My Dooney and Burke satchel has been a trusty sidekick of mine since last Christmas, but I mostly use it to hold my iPhone, wallet, and camera for my, while rare, downtown outings.  Lately, I’ve been thinking that I’ll need something to carry all my things for work (aka hopefully the new iPad I’ll buy after graduation), and still be stylish enough to take out on the weekends.  Trying to find the perfect purse can be a daunting task, because you’re walking the fine line between style and function.  On one hand you want something big enough to carry all of your things, but not something so big it’s obnoxious to carry around for a night on the town.  I don’t know about you, but for me a number one requirement is that the strap has to fit over my shoulder (I’m not trying to carry the weight of the world (read: my purse) in the palm of my hand… a girl needs some shoulder support!)  So all my choices this week of course include that requirement!
                Thinking about what’s to come can be scary at times (note my few freakouts this past semester) but it can be exciting too.  Having the right wardrobe, down to your purse, cannot only help you transition more easily to your next job, but help you succeed in it too!  My advice this week (which I’ll certainly be taking myself):  check out my steal, spend, splurge choices, grab your purse on the way out the door, and step out into your first day of the crazy world that lies ahead… fashion guns blazing!

Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment